Monday, August 18, 2008

Neiman Marcus Cookies

A couple of weeks ago Jeff went to a meeting were they served the most delicious cookies he has had in a long time. He wanted me to get the recipe, but I dept forgetting. Yesterday I wanted to make a special treat for my dad, who was in the hospital on his birthday. Jeff recommended that I make these cookies, and even called to get the recipe. As it was given to me over the phone, she laughed and asked if I had ever gotten the Neiman Marcus Cookie recipe. Of course I had gotten it several times through e-mail, but always deleted it, thinking it was a hoax. But sure enough these yummy cookies, I had heard so much about was the Neiman Marcus Cookie. I did make them, and they were very good! So I thought I would share the recipe once more, for all those who may have also deleted it.

Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe
2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

Just so you know, it makes a ton of cookies!!!! I halved it!

No comments: